We are always looking to engage with our customers to raise awareness on a variety of security topics. Areas of concern we are seeing are:
- Firewall setup - are the appropriate rules in place and documented. Are they reviewed regularly and disabled when no longer required?
- Process and procedure - is security being well monitored, and is the business aware of it's responsibilities? Is the management of the security run to a sensible schedule of tasks?
- Anti-Virus - Is is appropriately setup and rolled out to all users. Is it kept up to date? How does the selected AV vendor react to zero day threats?
- Patching - Is is centrally managed? Does this include mobile devices or BYOD?
- Penetration Testing - Has this been done recently? Do you know your network weaknesses?
- Physical Security - Is there appropriate physical security to my site? Are printed documents controlled in a sensible manner?
If you are struggling or concerned about any of these areas of security then please do talk with us. We can carry out a baseline review and let you know where you stand and suggest areas for improvement.